Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Abstractions

Christmas 2004, the girls got me all of this paint supplies for Chirstmas & signed me up to take Oil painting at the college. I had always wanted to learn how, but really I spent most of my time making sure they got the opportunity to learn art. Jordan & Jacqueline both took art from the time they were little, so it was natural to them. I thought they were nuts for signing me up... I was totally intimidated with the idea of anything more advanced than a roller brush for painting a wall in the house. Jacqueline had to physically take me to the first class (she was enrolled for Oil 2), and I whined and tried to get out of it all they way there. What if I couldn't do it, what if they all stared at me, and thought I was an idiot. Luckily there were quite a few people my age, and it wasn't all that scary. I've done a lot of realist stuff the past few years, but this summer I took on a new challenge Abstract & Modernist painting. It isn't as easy to do as you might think, but I think I'm getting the hang of it.





















1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your abstract pictures! You are so good, and fast too! I am so proud of you! You've come a long way since our first semester!

    ReplyDelete